YES I Can! Science, an outreach project of the Faculty of Science at McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada invites grades 3-12 teachers and their students to join our International Space Station 2007 Project, iss07.yesican-science.ca! This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for teachers and students to collaborate with astronauts, scientists and engineers, and other classes from around the globe.

Clay Anderson

Communicate through the project blogs with Expedition 15/16 Flight Engineer Clayton Anderson, during his mission to the International Space Station June to October 2007. Supporting the project on the ground from the Canadian Space Agency is astronaut Dr. Steve MacLean, physicists from McMaster University and staff from Space Center Houston.

We realize that the timing of this project hasn't fallen within the traditional school year, and for most classes it has spanned the end of one school year and the beginning of the next. Consequently we have left a lot of flexibility in scheduling. Some classes have been participating since the beginning of June, but don't worry, we are still accepting registrations from new teachers and classes!

There are many suggested student activities in the focus areas - blog with the astronauts, solve problems, conduct investigations, and perform classroom experiments in parallel with similar experiments being carried out onboard the ISS. Engage your class in as many activities as you wish, in whatever order you wish, on whatever schedule you can arrange. We'd love to have you join us!

Visit, iss07.yesican-science.ca for more info and to register. As with all YES I Can! science projects, there is no cost to register.

--
Diane Hammond
Curriculum Consultant
YES I Can! Science
www.yesican-science.ca

Views: 22

Reply to This

© 2019   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service