I've been teaching Game Development from 7th grade through college and even at a few companies like Wizards of the Coast. I'm nearly done with my book now, and am getting a few reviewers.
The book is geared towards freelance and Indie developers. 8th Grade to Adult.
- Game Design (design in general)
- Team Management (focused on typical group of friends getting together to make a game)
- Teaches Beginning C#
- - Starting with the Console, then windows forms, then OOP.
- Teaches how to build a complete game: (this game)
- - With AI, Physics, Graphics, Reactor Core and Descriptors.
- - Architecture
- Closes with a chapter on Releases and Bug Management, and then a chapter on Marketing, as most groups are missing.
WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR:
- I'd like to find some people to help me come up with a Syllabus for it for use in more restrictive/formal class rooms (I've got pretty free reign over my classes.)
- Other Teacher's opinions on the book, types of things they would like to see.
Here is my latest article on it: http://learnbuildplay.blogspot.com/2012/11/play-test-in-progress.html
Here is a kick start project on it: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1667690760/completing-a-game-de...